Teaching at MAC
If you would like to teach at the Milton Art Center, please email the documents listed below when proposing a class.
Proposals are accepted on an on-going basis, but would prefer it submitted by the dates indicated below. Teaching proposals may involve courses using several media, organized around themes, interdisciplinary across subject areas. The mission of the Milton Art Center is a focus on visual art, and welcome music and movement classes.
Our programs are structured in four terms:
• Winter: January – March (submit course by September)
• Spring: April – June (submit course by January)
• Summer: July – August Summer Enrichment Programs
• Fall: September – December (submit course by June)
Adult courses run in the mornings, evenings and weekends, and teen and children’s programs run in the afternoons and weekends.
• Course proposal(s) including framework and description, principles and/or techniques taught, goals, required materials, scheduling and time requirements. Please be specific in what the class proposes to cover, and make note of MAC class times.
• Cover letter describing your teaching experience, skills and availability.
• Resume outlining teaching experience.
• List of references and examples of prior student work, if possible.
• 5 images of your own work, low-resolution jpegs.
• Identify a target market – who will take this course, anticipated interests, levels of experience.